The Ordinary Niacinamide
The Ordinary Niacinamide Serum is a water-based serum infused with therapeutic concentration 2 proven anti-acne ingredients – Niacinamide 10% and Zinc PCA 1%. If you have acne prone skin, then The Ordinary Niacinamide is for you. The Ordinary Niacinamide serum reduces inflammation, acne and post acne marks. In addition, it improves skin barrier and has some anti-ageing benefits.
What is it? Niacinamide serum
Who can use it? Oily to normal skin prone to Acne, Rosacea, Post Acne Pigmentation
Sensitive skin: Unlikely to irritate
Goodies: Niacinamide 10% and Zinc PCA 1%.
Not so good: None
What are benefits of The Ordinary Niacinamide?
The Ordinary Niacinamide Serum has following benefits:
- Controls acne: Six of eight studies show that using topical nicotinamide 4% led to a significant reduction in acne. It helps in regulating sebum secretion and reduces inflammation. The ordinary has much higher concentration of 10% Niacinamide. Therefore, worth including in skin care regime for acne prone skin.
- Reduces post acne marks: Niacinamide reduces transfer of melanin form melanocyte to skin cells. Thus, has skin lightening benefit according to many studies.
- Skin barrier repair: Niacinamide helps in repairing your skin. This gets essential in acne, where the use of strong products can damage the integrity of skin.
- Fights red pimples: The Ordinary Niacinamide also reduces proliferation of acne causing bacteria with help of Zinc PCA.
- Reduces rosacea: Niacinamide has anti-inflammatory benefits. The Ordinary Niacinamide might reduce redness of sensitive skin. However, make sure that you start this product after easing out rosacea breakouts as mentioned in this article, Sensitive skin care- Dermatologist Guide
Who should use The Ordinary Niacinamide?
The Ordinary Niacinamide Serum can be used in the morning to prevent and reduce acne as early as 15 years of age. Read this article to know about how to include it in skin care regime for acne prone skin.
How to use The Ordinary Niacinamide?
The wonderful part The Ordinary Niacinamide serum is that is light weight non-comedogenic product that gets absorbed in your skin instantly. Apply few drops of this serum on face after cleansing and toning, as shown in this video given below:
What are some watchouts?
Few people might rarely notice initial breakouts with The Ordinary Niacinamide. They might not be troublesome though. If purging continues, then restrict use of this products on active acne and post acne marks alone. If you have dry skin, then you would need extra layer of light weight moisturizer after this product.
Dry, Normal/Combination, Oily
Acne & Blemishes, Pigmentation & Dark Spots
|Is your skin red/itchy/bumpy?||
Never, Sometimes (now it is calm)