Biotique Cucumber Pore Tightening Toner
Biotique Cucumber Pore Tightening Toner might help in tightening your enlarged pores, reduce acne and soothe inflamed skin.
What is it? Toner
Who can use it? combination to oily skin type to reduce pores ad acne.
Sensitive skin: unlikely to irritate
Goodies: Cucumber, peppermint oil, Berberis aristata, Quercus Infectoria extract
Biotique Cucumber Pore Tightening Toner might assist in the following:
- Reduce enlarged pores due to skin tightening and astringent action of cucumber and Quercus Infectoria extract. The tissue tightening action of Quercus Infectoria extract is also used for treating uterine and rectal prolapse in Ayurveda.
- Reduce acne: Berberis aristata and Peppermint Essential Oil have an anti-bacterial action that can help in preventing pimples.
- Soothing effect: Most of the herbs used in this toner along with cucumber water have anti-inflammatory action on your skin.
- Berberis aristata: The root bark of Berberis aristata contains berberine, that has antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral and antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-tumour and anti-diabetic activities. Charaka has mentioned this as one of the herbs used in powder massage, useful in pruritis, acne and urticaria. (Source:easyayurveda.com)
- Coriandrum Sativum has anti-Bacterial, antiseptic, anti-Inflammatory and wound healing actions. You can prevent irritation on the skin by rubbing some leaves on the affected area.
- Quercus Infectoria Ext. (Majuphal Kwath) 2% has an astringent action and helps in tightening this sagging tissue. Thus, it is useful in rectal and uterine prolapse. It might help in tightening the sagging skin and open pores.
- Peppermint Essential Oil has anti-bacterial action that helps in reducing acne. It gives a cooling sensation to the product. It is also used for toothpaste and relieving headaches
- Cucumber has high water content, vitamins A, B & C and the presence of certain minerals like magnesium, potassium, and silica. It helps in skin tightening and bring relief to the skin caused by sunburn or windburn. Ascorbic acid and caffeic acid present in cucumbers can bring down the water retention rate which in turn diminishes the puffiness and swelling under the eyes.
For which skin type?
Biotique Cucumber Pore Tightening Toner is suitable for combination to oily skin types. It is a non-alcohol and non-witch hazel based toner that might not remove excess oils.
Is it safe?
Yes, it is a truly natural product.
Will it irritate sensitive skin?
Biotique Cucumber Pore Tightening Toner is unlikely to irritate sensitive skin unless you are allergic to one of its components, especially peppermint oil. Thus, a patch test should be done before the first use.
Acne & Blemishes, Pores/Blackheads/Whiteheads
|Is your skin red/itchy/bumpy?||
Never, Sometimes (now it is calm)