Anti-ageing regime for 20s
Beginning your anti-aging journey as early as 20 years with a combination of retinol at night and Vitamin C in the morning is highly beneficial. Vitamin C promotes skin repair and even skin tone. Retinol keeps a check on the oil secretions. We have chosen agents that have salicylic acid and Niacinamides. Both prevent acne, open pores, and black/whiteheads.
What is it? Anti-ageing regime for 20-30 years of age with a focus on acne prevention
Who can use it? Oily to Normal skin types without acne or pigmentation. If you have active acne/ dark spots, you should address those skin concerns first and return to this regime.
Sensitive skin: Yes, you can try if your skin is calm
Step 1 Face wash
The objective of washing is to clean the face without making it dry or oily. Based on your skin type, you can choose from the following:
Step 2 Vitamin C Serum
After washing and pat drying your face, apply one of the following Vitamin C serums:
- Garnier Vitamin C serum for open pores, oily skin, and black/whiteheads.
- Sesderma C-vit serum for red and brown marks left after healing of pimples.
- La Roche- Posay Pure Vitamin C10 for open pores and uneven skin tone.
Step 3: Sunscreen
Put on lightweight sunscreen that does not occlude your pores. Repeat the second application 30 minutes before going out in the sun. You can apply make-up on top of sunscreen. Here are a few options:
- Bioderma Photoderm AKN Mat SPF 30 fluid is a good option for those with black/whiteheads and open pores because it has AHA and BHA.
- Cetaphil Pro Oil Absorbing Moisturizer SPF 30 is for those with red or pus-filled pimples. It has Zinc gluconate that reduces acne.
- La Roche Posay Anthelios Mineral One SPF 50+ for severe sun exposure, especially in sensitive skin types.
Remove make-up with micellar water and wash your face. Put one of the following retinol-based anti-aging products:
- Olay Regenerist Retinol 24 Night Serum is a combination of retinoid and niacinamide in this serum reduces oil secretion and keeps a check on acne.
CeraVe Skin Renewing Retinol Serum also has retinoids and niacinamide, reducing oil secretion, acne, and post-acne marks.
One or twice a week, scrub your face and put a sheet mask or face pack with
- Neutrogena scrub is a great way to reduce oil secretion, exfoliate, prevent build-up and promote even skin tone.
- Mama Earth Vitamin C Sleeping Face Mask brightens your skin with the help of Vitamin C, Mulberry extracts, Glycolic acid, turmeric, and aloe vera.