Are you thinking of shifting to Wow Shampoos? Wow shampoos have passed our rigorous assessment of safety for human, environment and efficacy, However, most variants of WOW shampoos have mild surfactants that might not clean thick and oily hair effectively.
Read further for Wow shampoos review based on analysis of ingredients list and usage.
IS IT WORTH TRYING WOW SHAMPOOS?
We did ingredients review of all 10 variants of Wow shampoos and found out that all these shampoos have the following advantages:
1-MILD SURFACTANTS: The cleansing ability of shampoos come from surfactants and 90% of shampoos use Sulphate based surfactants( like SLS, SLES, ALS) that can be harsh for your scalp. Wow shampoos has an advantage that it contains surfactants that are used in baby shampoos like Sodium lauryl sarcosinate, Decyl glucoside, Disodium cocoamphoacetate, Cocoamidopropyl betaine. This can be beneficial in case of hair fall, premature greying and damaged hair.
2-SAFE PRESERVATIVES: It is NOT possible to make a shampoo without preservatives, but is possible to add safe preservatives in the shampoo. Wow believes in later and therefore, uses safer preservatives like Citric acid, sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate. Unfortunately, most of the other shampoos use preservatives that are showing association with cancer, organ toxicity or environment toxicity like Parabens, DMDM Hydantoin, Diazolidinyl urea etc.
3-DE-FRIZZING AGENT: All WOW shampoos have anti-static agents like Polyquaternium-7, 43, etc. that help in preventing frizzy hair.
4-NOURISHING: All Wow shampoos have Argan Oil, Almond Protein, Shea butter, Soya Protein, Almond Protein that help to nourish your scalp and prevents dryness.
5-EFFECTIVE ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: WOW shampoo has 10 variants that have almost similar surfactants, preservative, conditioning agents; but they vary in the composition of active ingredients. I would be discussing them in details in next section.
I have used 2 variants of Wow Shampoo till now and here are my views based on the use:
- NOT SQUEAKY CLEAN: Wow shampoo is gentle surfactant base shampoo that does not foam much. The advantage is gentle cleansing, however, most variants might not leave your hair squeaky clean especially if your hair are lightly heavy or oily. For example, Wow 10 in1 shampoo made my hair very frizzy and dull. I gave this shampoo in the plastic bottle without revealing the name of shampoo to 3 nurses working in my clinic. They also said that it did not lather much despite using lot of shampoo and was difficult to remove. Only Wow Apple cider vinegar shampoo might suit thick and oily hair like mine.
- NEED MORE AMOUNT: You might need double the amount of usual shampoo because it does not lather easily.
- HAS COLORS AND FRAGRANCES: We appreciate that most of the ingredient used in WOW shampoo is safe, but they have used colour and fragrances in each variant. Therefore, avoid this shampoo if you have fragrance allergy.
Wow Hair Strengthening Shampoo: For dry, dull, lusterless hair
UNIQUE ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Almond oil, Argan oil, Olive oil, Shea butter, Vitamin E, Rosemary oil, Tea tree oil, D-Panthenol, Soya and Almond protein
COMPANY CLAIMS: WOW claims that Wow Hair Strengthening Shampoo helps repairs weak, thin and damaged hair, improves bounce and shine (wow website).
OUR INGREDIENT ANALYSIS: Yes, Wow hair strengthening shampoo helps in:
NOURISHING AND MOISTURISING with the help of various emollients and oils. Therefore, it not for oily or thick hair.
REDUCING DANDRUFF with the help of tea tree oil.
REDUCE SCALP ITCHING with the help of rosemary oil and tea tree oil.
For the full review, read Wow Hair Strengthening Shampoo Reviews
WOW Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo: for silky hair
- UNIQUE ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Natural Apple cider Vinegar, Almond oil, Argan oil, Dimethicone
- COMPANY CLAIMS: WOW Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo brings silkiness, strength, and gloss to hair according to the company.
- OUR INGREDIENT ANALYSIS: WOW Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo has following benefits:
- SHINE AND SILKY APPEARANCE: Apple cider vinegar might help in making your hair shiny and silky. Can be used for thick or oil hair.
- NOURISHES HAIR: with the help of Argan oil and almond oil.
For the full review, read this article, WOW Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo Review
WOW ANTI-DANDRUFF SHAMPOO: for dandruff
- UNIQUE ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Undecylenamidoproplyl PEG- 2-Dimonium undecylenate, Tea tree oil
- COMPANY CLAIMS: Best anti-dandruff shampoo for severe dandruff and hair fall
- OUR INGREDIENTS ANALYSIS: Wow anti-dandruff shampoo has anti-dandruff action with the help of tea tree oil and Undecylenamidoproplyl PEG- 2-Dimonium undecylenate.
- For detaled review based on ingredient analysis, read Wow Anti-Dandruff Shampoo Review
WOW 10 in 1 shampoo: for normal hair
- UNIQUE ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Tea tree oil, Rosemary Oil, Soya protein, Almond protein, Argan oil
- COMPANY CLAIM: Best shampoo for dandruff and hair fall that prevents excessive hair fall and nourishes the hair from root to tip.
- OUR INGREDIENTS ANALYSIS: WOW 10 in 1 shampoo has following benefits:
- Anti-dandruff effect: This is achieved with the help of tea tree oil.
- Nourishing effect: with help of Rosemary Oil, Soya protein, Almond protein, Argan oil. Therefore, it not for oily or thick hair.
- For the detailed review, read WOW 10 In 1 Shampoo Review
WOW COCONUT MILK SHAMPOO: for dry and itchy scalp along with dry lusterless hair
- UNIQUE ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Ethylene glycol monostearate, Coconut Milk Extract, Nettle leaf Extract, Saw Palmetto Extract, Jojoba oil, Aloe vera Extract
- COMPANY CLAIMS: This herbal shampoo is 100% natural, ideal for treating dry hair & scalp without stripping vital natural oils.
- OUR INGREDIENTS ANALYSIS: Wow coconut milk shampoo has following benefits:
- Moisturizing: Wow coconut milk shampoo has deep nourishing ingredients like Coconut Milk Extract, Jojoba oil, Aloe vera Extract, Almond oil, Argan oil and glycerin. Therefore, it not for oily or thick hair.
- Anti-itching and soothing effect: This is achieved with the help of Nettle leaf extract and aloe vera extract.
- For knowing more about this shampoo, read Wow Coconut Milk Shampoo Review
WOW Frizz Defy Luster Shampoo: dry, frizzy and lusterless hair.
- UNIQUE ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: D-Panthenol, Glycerin, Argan oil, Almond oil, phospholipids & Glycine Soya (soyabean) Oil
- COMPANY CLAIMS: Best shampoo for dry and frizzy hair ends OUR INGREDIENTS ANALYSIS: Wow Frizz Defy Luster Shampoo has similar nourishing ingredients as all other variants
like D-Panthenol, Glycerin, Argan oil, Almond oil. Therefore, it not for oily or thick hair.
- Wow Frizz defy shampoo has 2 unique ingredients that Soybean Bio-lipids and Soyabean oil. Soybean Bio-lipids coat your hair strands and MIGHT reduce frizziness.
- For more detailed ingredient analysis, read WOW Frizz Defy Luster Shampoo Review
Wow Intensive Repair Shampoo: for damaged hair because of harsh ingredients and procedures.
- UNIQUE ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Almond oil, Argan oil, Phospholipids & Helianthus annus (Sunflower) seed oil, Phospholipids & Glycine soja (soyabean)oil (&) Glycolipids (&) Glycine soja (soybean) sterols
- COMPANY CLAIMS: Wow Intensive Repair Shampoo revitalizes dull, damaged and degraded hair caused due to dyes, heat, chemicals, and pollutants.
OUR INGREDIENTS ANALYSIS: Wow Intensive Repair Shampoo has similar nourishing ingredients as all other variants like D-Panthenol, Glycerin, Argan oil, Almond oil. Therefore, it not for oily or thick hair.
- It also has Sunflower & Soybean Biolipids might help in nourishing and repairing your strands. Overall, Wow Intensive repair shampoo might be a good option for damaged hair compare to harsh shampoos available in the market, but do not expect a magical change in the hair texture with this shampoo alone.
For more details, read Wow Intensive Repair Shampoo & Revitalize Review,
Wow Total Radiance Shampoo- for dry damaged hair
- UNIQUE ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Argan oil, Almond oil, Phospholipids & Helianthus annus (Sunflower) seed oil
- COMPANY CLAIMS: to give more gloss and silkiness to the hair and to reduce breakage.
- OUR INGREDIENTS ANALYSIS: The ingredient list of Wow Total Radiance Shampoo is similar to other variants particularly of Wow Intensive repair shampoo
- For detailed ingredient analysis, read Wow Total Radiance Shampoo Review
Wow Satin Sunshade sunscreen shampoo-for sun-damaged hair.
- UNIQUE ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Polyquaternium- 68, Behentrimonium chloride, Olea europaea (olive) fruit extract, Argan oil, Almond oil
- COMPANY CLAIMS: Wow Satin Sunshade sunscreen shampoo provides intensive protection for hair against UVA and UVB radiation damages caused by sun exposure. Wow claims that Olive Fruit Extracts have natural microparticles that create a protective shield against UVA & UVB radiations that prevents dryness, dullness, split ends, breakage, hair fall & discolourations hair.
- OUR INGREDIENTS ANALYSIS:
- Our analysis showed that Olive oil has SPF of 7 that might not be enough to provide sun prtection. Moreover, the contact time is too less for shampoo to get absorbed on hair.
For a more detailed review, click on this link, Wow Satin Sunshade Sunscreen Shampoo Review
Have you used Wow shampoos?
Please share your reviews with us on email email@example.com. Genuine reviews will get a free skin care and lifestyle counselling from our beauty experts.