“Doctor, how to prevent wrinkles??I come cross this question many times in my dermatology practice. The key to prevent wrinkles lies not in expensive anti-ageing cream or treatments, but in the healthy lifestyle and the right skincare regime. Therefore, make these 10 anti-aging tips part of your life and see the difference for yourself!
The war against ageing skin can be fought in following three steps:
- Primary intervention: This involves modifying your lifestyle as highlighted in this article. Healthy lifestyle and right kind of skin care regime not only preserves your young looks but also your health.
- Secondary intervention: It involves early detection of wrinkles and treatment to reduce wrinkles formation with the help of sunscreens, OTC anti-aging products and prescribed medications from your Dermatologist. Before choosing anti-wrinkle cream, ensure that they really work by reading Dermatocare reviews on the top Anti-aging creams available in the market.
- Tertiary intervention: Revolves around treating existing wrinkles by Dermatologist with the help of aesthetic procedures like peels, lasers, fillers, Botox etc
10 anti-aging tips starting from sun protection to regular exercise:
- Sun exposure: Even 15 minutes of sun exposure daily is enough to do the damage. Read Skin & Sun blog to know more about how UV rays damage your skin and what you can do.
- Stress: Mental stress releases certain hormones and inflammatory mediators which accelerate the ageing process.
- Diet: A balanced diet should include more of proteins, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and unsaturated fats rich in omega-3 fatty acids, and less of junk, fast food, and fried food rich in saturated fats and refined carbohydrates. Recent studies show that excess sugar intake can increase the chances of getting wrinkles. Read these article for more details, three types of healthy food to reverse the ageing clock and 5 diet tips to reverse ageing clock.
- Sleep: Six to eight hours of uninterrupted sleep on your back is essential to rejuvenate your mind, body, and soul. Sleeping on the side or your tummy might increase the formation of creases on the dependent side of the face.
- Smoking: With each puff of tobacco, you compromise nutritional supply to the skin by constricting blood vessels. Smoking also accelerates ageing by collagen breakdown.
- Alcohol: Consumption of more than single alcohol drink per day might accelerate the ageing process.
- Exercise: Daily workouts increase the blood flow to your organs including skin, supplying oxygen and nutrition. It might impart rosy looks to your cheeks.
- Recreation: Holiday with nature once or twice a year and pampering yourself with de-stressing spas will also do the trick.
- Sex: Regular sex can not only improve your chemistry with the partner but will impart you with the glow you dream of.
- Skincare: Do not massage, pick, scratch, squeeze, rub, scrub, steam or ice your face. Apply your skin care products gently and always pat dry with a soft towel.
So, which of the lifestyle changes you are going to imbibe into your daily routine to reduce wrinkles?