Combination skin needs a face wash that can balances the oil secretions along with providing rejuvenating, skin-lightening, exfoliating and anti-acne benefits. This homemade face wash for combination skin does this with the help of chickpea flour, oats, turmeric and lemon peel powder. This face wash takes less than 5 minutes to make and can be stored for 1-3 months without refrigeration. So are you ready to try this face wash that is devoid of HARMFUL chemicals?
How to make Homemade Face Wash for Combination Skin?
Mix the following ingredients in completely dry airtight container:
|Ingredients||Quantity||Clicking on the link given below for the list of recipe that can be made with ingredeint:|
|Oats||Grind to powder and use 10 tablespoons||Oats/Oatmeal: List of recipes|
|Gram flour or Besan||5 tablespoons||Chickpea four: List of recipes|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 tablespoon||Turmeric: list of recipes|
(for acne prone skin
|1 tablespoon||Neem Powder: list of recipes|
|Lemon peel powder (omit in sensitive skin)||1 tablespoon||Lemon Peel powder: list of recipes|
Watch this video for demo:
Why these ingredients?
- Oats and chickpea flours gentle exfoliate your skin to remove dead cells and debris along with preserving just the right amount of oils.
- Turmeric and lemon peel powder impart skin-lightening, anti-septic and anti-ageing action to this face pack.
- For acne-prone skin, you can add neem to control pimples.
How to use Homemade Face Wash for Combination Skin?
- Wash your face with plain water.
- Take a small amount of above mixture on your palm.
- Put some drops of water and make a paste on your palm.
- Massage this paste on your face gently in circular motions.
- Spend more time on your T-Zone.
- If possible, leave it for a minute or two on your face. The good idea is to start your shower by applying this paste and end by rinsing it.
- Rinse off with water and pat dry with a soft tissue, if you have added turmeric to prevent staining of the towels.
How to store Homemade Face Wash for Combination Skin?
The only precaution you need to take is KEEP THIS FACE WASH DRY because if water gets into this face wash, bacteria and moulds will grow in it. So make sure you close the lid of the air tight container after each use and put it away from the tap. In the beginning, I also wasted a couple of batches until I got more disciplined on keeping this face wash away from water. This little effort of making and storing this face wash will pay off in the long run with beautiful skin, without risk of harming yourself or mother earth.
Can this face wash remove make-up?
No, this face wash is not strong enough to remove the make-up. You should remove your makeup with cleansing milk and then wash your face with this homemade face wash.
Why should you use homemade skin care products?
After researching about hundreds of ingredients used in the skincare products, I realised that they might bring temporary benefit but cause skin damage on long term besides promoting cancer and environment damage. This homemade Face Wash was my first innovation- all natural, easy to make and store. I hope you will like it!