“Doctor, is there any effective home remedy for pimples that really works?”
Well, I was not a big fan of using home remedies until I researched and used them for both, skin care and skin problems. This home remedy for pimples is the most effective formulation that I have ever formulated!
My journey to formulate this home remedy for pimples began by looking for scientifically proven natural anti-acne ingredients. Then, I started working on various combinations and concentration until I reached to this effective home remedy that can cure pimples.
This remedy works best for red pimples and pus-filled pimples on the face or back. They usually respond within 3 days of applying this home remedy. However, this remedy will not help you to get rid of black/white heads, nodular or cystic lesions.
How to make?
Mix the following ingredients in specified quantities in a completely dry and air-tight container:
- 2 spoon of raw organic honey
- half spoon of Multani Mitti
- one fourth spoon of turmeric or haldi powder
- half spoon neem powder
- 10 drops to tea tree oil
- half spoon of lemon peel powder(optional)
Watch this video to know how to make this simple home remedy for pimple:
How to use?
This remedy can be used as a spot treatment as follows:
- Apply this home remedy directly on your pimples after washing your face.
- You can leave this remedy for as less as 15 minutes to as long as 3 hours provided you do not get redness, itching, irritation or bumps. You can also try overnight treatment especially for red or pus-filled big pimples on back. After applying this remedy, cover with micropore or the band-aid to avoid staining of your clothes with turmeric.
- Rinse off with warm water and pat dry with facial tissue. Do not use a towel because it might get stained with turmeric.
- You can use it daily, maximum twice a day.
- You can continue it safely until the pimples settle.
How to store?
This remedy can be stored for 3 weeks without the refrigerator, provided you keep it away from water.
What are the side effects?
- Turmeric can stain clothes, so avoid wiping your face with a towel, sleeping or changing your clothes while this mixture is on your face.
- Honey will feel sticky in the beginning, but later as the mixture dries your skin will feel stretched and sometimes uncomfortable.
- It can irritate sensitive skin. Hence, this anti-acne spot treatment is best suited for non-sensitive skin types because it has many potent ingredients like neem, tea tree oil, lemon.
Which kind of acne respond to this home remedy?
Any red or pus filled pimples responds nicely to this remedy. It does not work on black/whiteheads.