St Botanica Vitamin C Sunscreen Review
St Botanica Vitamin C sunscreen is chemical and physical based sunscreen with an added advantage of Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Arbutin and other herbal extracts.
St Botanica Vitamin C Sunscreen is recommended for which skin type?
St Botanica Vitamin C Sunscreen can be used for normal to dry skin type with pigmentation and aged skin. St Botanica Vitamin C Sunscreen should be used with caution if you have acne or sensitive skin (like any other chemical based sunscreens).
It might make your face oily like most of the other sunscreens because it has emollients Organic olivem 1000, Isopropyl Myristate, Caprylic / Capric triglyceride higher up in ingredient list.
What are the benefits of St Botanica Vitamin C Sunscreen?
- St Botanica Vitamin C sunscreen is broad-spectrum sunscreen that might give good coverage against both UVA and UVB rays. It has a mixture of physical and chemical sunscreen that can effectively work together for maximum protection.
- It might help in skin repair caused by damaging UV rays with the help of 3 forms of Vitamin C present in it namely, Sodium ascorbyl phosphate, 3-O ethyl ascorbic acid and Magnesium ascorbyl phosphate.
- Vitamin C added in this sunscreen might have some anti-ageing action, however, you cannot rely on this sunscreen for anti-ageing effect. You should add one of these Vitamin C serum or retinoic acid based products that can really help in retarding the ageing process.
- It might have skin lightening benefits with the help of Arbutin, Licorice, Turmeric, Amla, lemon essential oil etc.
- It might have skin calming action with the help of allantoin, saffron, rose, sandalwood and Vitamin B3.
Is St Botanica Vitamin C sunscreen organic and natural?
Let me begin by saying that it is not possible to make sunscreen without chemical-based ingredients. However, unlike the name suggests, St Botanica Vitamin C sunscreen is not purely a mineral based sunscreen.
It has chemical sunscreen called as Ethylhexylmethoxy cinnamate or octinoxate that might cause hormone imbalance. Therefore, avoid using this sunscreen in kids and during pregnancy. Unfortunately, Ethylhexylmethoxy cinnamate is present in 90% of chemical-based sunscreen available in India. Therefore, kindly check out this list of physical based sunscreens for kids.
The good part is that it does not contain Parabens, BHT, Phthalates etc, but It has added fragrance and colouring agents.
Can St Botanica Vitamin C sunscreen be used for sensitive skin?
Cautious use is recommended, especially if your skin is very sensitive because it has many herbs, chemical sunscreen and fragrances.
DETAILED ANALYSIS OF INGREDIENTS
|Ingredient Type:||Both Natural and synthetic|
|Comedogenic Ing.:||Isoprpyl Myristate|
|Irritating Ing.:||orange peel, fragrances, colors, Avobenzone, Ethylhexylmethoxy cinnamate|
|Base Ing.:||Water and dimethicone based sunscreen||Ingredient list:|