St Botanica Coconut & Bamboo Conditioner Review
St. Botanica Coconut & Bamboo conditioner is dimethicone based conditioner with the added advantage of
DE-FRIZZING AGENT: Poluquaternium 73
HYDRATION & NOURISHING: Aloe Vera extract, Olive oil, Shea Butter, Soy protein & Honey
HAIR GROWTH: Aloe Vera extract, Bamboo extract, Bitter orange
St. Botanica Coconut & Bamboo conditioner can be used by all hair types for deep conditioning and nourishing your hair.
St. Botanica Coconut & Bamboo conditioner might nourish your hair with the help of Aloe Vera, Olive oil & Shea butter.
It claims to promote hair regrowth with the help of Aloe Vera and Bamboo extract. However, this effect might be too less to notice, because all these hair growth oils don't stay on your hair for more than 5 minutes.
It might reduce frizziness with the help of Polyquaternium 73.
St. Botanica Coconut & Bamboo conditioner is free from Parabens, Phthalates and formaldehyde releasers.
St. Botanica Coconut & Bamboo conditioner is a dimethicone based conditioner. Therefore, it is not totally chemically free conditioner. However, more than 90% of the hair conditioner available in the market have dimethicone.
It has fragrances, cautious use is recommended if your allergic to fragrances.
Methylchloroisothiazolinone is preservative used instead of Parabens in this product. This ingredient might cause an allergic reaction in the skin and has a study that supports neurological toxicity in animals on chronic use. It is banned in leave on preparation, can only be used in rinse-off products in Canada and Europe in the concentration of 0.0015 per cent. The takeaway message is to avoid this product if you are prone to allergies.
DETAILED ANALYSIS OF INGREDIENTS
|Ingredient Type:||Has both synthetic and natural ingredients.|
|Harmful Ing.:||None (Parabens, Phthalates, Formaldehyde releasers, SLS, BHT free).|
1. Purified water – as a base
2. Glycerin – It works as a good conditioner for the hair and hairs are softer
3. Cetrimonium Chloride - Mainly used to prevent static and build-up in the hair. It can also cleanse the hair and eliminate odor by preventing the growth of microorganisms, and by enabling water to mix with dirt and rinse it away
4. Polyquaternium 73 - Anti static and moisturizing property
5. Cetyl alcohol - These particular alcohols are emollients and they are known to soften your skin and hair
6. Cetearyl alcohol - These particular alcohols are emollients and they are known to soften your skin and hair
7. Dimethicone - Dimethicone coats hair, providing great shine and conditioning to the hair
8. Shea butter – locks in moisture while keeping the scalp well- nourished
9. Behentrimonium Chloride – it is a quaternary ammonium salt used as a preservative, antistatic agent, defrizzer, emulsifier and hair conditioning agent.
10. Hydrolyzed silk protein - improves hair elasticity against breakage, hydrate and repair hair
11. 10. Guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride – as a conditioning agent
12. D – Panthenol (provitamin B5) - improve damaged hair
13. Amodimethicone & Trideceth -12 & cetrimonium chloride - Acts as a conditioning agent. Offers benefits such as easy formulation, fly away reduction and good dilution stability
14. Phenoxyethanol - preservative
15. Hydroxyethyl cellulose - It is widely used in the cosmetics and hair industry due to its thickening properties and water solubility
16. Organic extra virgin olive oil – Conditions the Hair and Scalp: Olive oil has been used for centuries as a natural conditioner. By locking in moisture and preventing dryness of the scalp, it can make your hair soft, smooth and shiny
17. Vitamin E – may help support a healthy scalp & hair as it has natural antioxidant effects that could assist with maintaining hair growth
18. Methylchloroisothiazolinone - as a preservative
19. Bamboo extract - Bamboo Extract capsules also contain biotin, a member of the B vitamins. Biotin has been shown to enhance hair growth especially in those with a deficiency. Helps promote growth of thick, beautiful hair
20. Aloe Vera extract - It acts as a conditioner and leaves your hair all smooth and shiny. It promotes hair growth, prevents itching on the scalp, reduces dandruff and conditions your hair
21. Bitter Orange extract – as a conditioner, stimulate hair growth and treated dandruff
22. Hydrolyzed soy protein - It increases hair's ability to hold moisture while adding shine and smoothness
23. Honey –Honey is naturally a perfect conditioner because it's a humectant and retains and attracts moisture, keeping your hair feeling smooth and healthy
|Base Ing.:||Water and moisturizing base||Ingredient list:||Same as above|