St Botanica Activated Charcoal Hair Conditioner Review
St. Botanica Activated Charcoal Hair conditioner is dimethicone based conditioner like any other conditioner available in the market. However, it comes with an added advantage of following active ingredients:
DE-FRIZZING AGENT: Polyquaternium 73
NOURISHING: with the help of Aloe Vera extract, oat extract, olive oil
HAIR GROWTH: Aloe Vera extract, green tea extract, eucalyptus oil, spearmint oil
DETOXIFICATION: Activated Charcoal
St. Botanica Activated Charcoal Hair conditioner can be used for all hair types as a regular conditioner to reduce frizziness, and add volume to your hair. However, there is no evidence that charcoal can detoxify hair.
- St. Botanica Activated Charcoal Hair conditioner can nourish your hair with the help of Aloe Vera, Oat extract & Olive oil.
- It claims to help in hair regrowth with the help of Green tea extract, Eucalyptus oil and Spearmint oil. However, this effect might be too less to notice, because all these hair growth oils don't stay on your hair for more than 5 minutes.
- It might help in reducing frizziness by forming a dimethicone coating on your hair.
- It might add volume to your hair with the help of silk and wheat proteins.
- St. Botanica Activated Charcoal Hair conditioner is free from Parabens, Phthalates and formaldehyde releasers.
- St. Botanica Activated Charcoal Hair conditioner is a dimethicone based conditioner. Therefore, it is not totally chemically free conditioner. However, more than 90% of hair conditioner available in the market have dimethicone.
- It has fragrances, cautious use is recommended if your allergic to fragrances.
- The role of activated charcoal for detoxification is not supported by any scientific evidence.
- Methylchloroisothiazolinone is preservative used instead of Parabens in this product. This ingredient might cause an allergic reaction in the skin and has a study that supports neurological toxicity in animals on chronic use. It is banned in leave on preparation, can only be used in rinse-off products in Canada and Europe in the concentration of 0.0015 per cent. The takeaway message is to avoid this product if you are prone to allergies.
DETAILED ANALYSIS OF INGREDIENTS
|Ingredient Type:||Has both synthetic and natural ingredients.|
|Harmful Ing.:||None (Parabens, Phthalates, Formaldehyde releasers, SLS, BHT free).|
|Irritating Ing.:||Methylchloroisothiazolinone /Methylisothiazolinone, Eucalyptus oil|
1. Purified water – as a base
2. Glycerin – It works as a good conditioner for the hair and hairs are softer.
3. Cetrimonium chloride - Mainly used to prevent static and build-up in the hair. It can also cleanse the hair and eliminate odor by preventing the growth of microorganisms, and by enabling water to mix with dirt and rinse it away.
4. Polyquaternium 73 - anti-static and moisturizing property
5. Cetyl alcohol - These particular alcohols are emollients and they are known to soften your skin and hair
6. Cetearyl alcohol – These particular alcohols are emollients and they are known to soften your skin and hair
7. Dimethicone – Dimethicone coats hair, providing great shine and conditioning to the hair
8. Shea butter – locks in moisture while keeping the scalp well- nourished
9. Behentrimonium Chloride – it is a quaternary ammonium salt used as a preservative, antistatic agent, defrizzer, emulsifier and hair conditioning agent.
10. Guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride – as a conditioning agent
11. D – Panthenol (provitamin B5) - improve damaged hair
12. Amodimethicone & Trideceth -12 & cetrimonium chloride – Acts as a conditioning agent. Offers benefits such as easy formulation, fly away reduction and good dilution stability
13. Hydrolyzed silk protein - improves hair elasticity against breakage, hydrate and repair hair
14. Phenoxyethanol - preservative
15. Hydroxyethyl cellulose - It is widely used in the cosmetics and hair industry due to its thickening properties and water solubility.
16. Coconut activated charcoal powder – there no scientific evidence that activated charcoal might help in hair growth or detoxification.
17. Vitamin E – may help support a healthy scalp & hair as it has natural antioxidant effects that could assist with maintaining hair growth.
18. Methylchloroisothiazolinone / Methylisothiazolinone - as a preservative.
19. Wheat protein – wheat proteins thicken and add volume to thinning hair, add shine and manageability, and repair damaged hair
20. Organic extra virgin olive oil – Conditions the Hair and Scalp: Olive oil has been used for centuries as a natural conditioner. By locking in moisture and preventing dryness of the scalp, it can make your hair soft, smooth and shiny.
21. Oat kernel extract – moisturizes, helps treat a dry & itchy scalp, improves hair elasticity against breakage
22. Green tea extract – help in strengthening your tresses & improving the hair texture
23. Aloe Vera leaf extract – It acts as a conditioner and leaves your hair all smooth and shiny. It promotes hair growth, prevents itching on the scalp, reduces dandruff and conditions your hair
24. Eucalyptus oil – helps to stimulate your hair follicles and promotes hair growth
25. Spearmint oil – helps to stimulate hair follicle and also promotes hair growth
26. Menthol - Menthol is herbal compound that can help improve your hair's health and reduce hair loss associated with scalp conditions such as dandruff, eczema and scalp psoriasis
|Base Ing.:||Water and moisturizing base||Ingredient list:||Same as active ingredients|