Brown acne scars treatment
Acne scars can either be red, brown or depressed. In this article, we discuss regimes to reduce brown acne scars by using skin-lightening agents.
What is this? Brown acne scar treatment regime
Who can use it? Oily to normal skin type with brown spots left after acne
Sensitive skin: You can try
Step 1: Facewash
Removing excess oils, dust, dirt, and pollutants from your face is essential. However, your face should not feel dry and stretched after face wash. You can wash your face a maximum of three times a day. You can choose from the following list based on your skin type:
Here are a few brand suggestions:
- SebaMed Clear Face Cleansing Foam for combination skin prone to sensitivity breakouts
- Bioderma Sebium Cleansing Gel for oily skin type prone to sensitivity breakouts
- Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser for non-sensitive oily skin
- Mama-earth Tea Tree Foaming Face Wash for red pimples.
- Cera Ve Renewing SA Cleanser is a good choice for very oily skin.
- Homemade face wash for oily skin is worth a try for organic lovers.
Step 2: Morning treatment product
Apply skin-lightening cream with Kojic acid, Azelaic acid or tranexamic acid on the entire face to reduce pigmented scars. repeat application of the same product at night on dark spots after applying retinol on full face.
- Meladerm skin-lightening cream
Step 3: Sunscreen
Thick sunscreen can increase acne. Therefore, use a lightweight sunscreen in gel or fluid form. Re-apply it 30 minutes before stepping out in the sun. Avoid using sunscreen indoors to avoid unnecessary clogging of pores. Here is a lightweight sunscreen that is less likely to occlude your pores:
In addition, avoid heavy makeup or layering of products. You can put lightweight makeup on top of the sunscreen.
Wash your face in the afternoon if your skin feels oily. Suppose you can’t wash your face at the workplace, then wipe your face with cotton dipped in micellar water to remove excess oils and give an instant matt look. Re-apply sunscreen 30 minutes before going out in the sun.
Remove makeup with micellar water rather than a cleansing lotion and apply retinol serums to reduce oil secretion, open pores, and acne while delaying the signs of aging.
- CeraVe Skin Renewing Retinol Serum has ceramide that recovers the skin barrier, and Niacinamide reduces inflammation.
- Olay Regenerist Retinol 24-Night Serum also has Niacinamide.
Put Differin acne scar gel as a spot treatment on red scars to expedite the process. If your skin feels dry and stretched after morning or night treatment products, apply Sebamed face clear gel.
Avoid harsh scrubs or peels. You can put Mamaearth Niacinamide Bamboo Sheet Mask twice a week to soothe your skin and promote the healing of red scars.