St Botanica Biotin & Collagen Hair conditioner Review
St. Botanica Biotin & Collagen Hair Conditioner is dimethicone based conditioner with an added advantage of following active ingredients:
DE-FRIZZING AGENT: Polyquaternium 73
VOLUMIZING: Hydrolyzed collagen, Silk protein
HAIR GROWTH: Carrot and Tomato seed extract, Biotin, Saw palmetto extract
NOURISHING: Oat extract, Nettle leaf extract & Avocado oil
St. Botanica Biotin & Collagen Hair Conditioner can be used by all hair types for hair regrowth, conditioning, and nourishing. The only disadvantage is that it has silicone derivatives (like most of the dimethicone based conditioners available in the market) that tend to accumulate in our environment.
St. Botanica Biotin & Collagen Hair Conditioner might nourish your hair with the help of Avocado oil, Oat extract, Nettle leaf extract & Avocado oil.
It claims to help in hair regrowth with the help of Carrot and Tomato seed extract, Biotin, Saw palmetto extract. However, this effect might be too less to notice, because all these hair growth ingredients don't stay on your hair for more than 5 minutes.
It might reduce frizziness with the help of the anti-static agent like Polyquaternium 73.
It might add volume to your hair with the help of hydrolysed collagen and silk protein.
St. Botanica Biotin & Collagen Hair Conditioner is free from parabens, phthalates and formaldehyde releasers.
St. Botanica Biotin & Collagen Hair Conditioner is a dimethicone based conditioner. Therefore, it is not totally chemically free conditioner. However, more than 90% of hair conditioner available in the market have dimethicone.
It has fragrances, use with caution if you are allergic to perfumes.
Methylchloroisothiazolinone is preservative used instead of Parabens in this shampoo. This ingredient might cause an allergic reaction in the skin and has a study that supports neurological toxicity in animals on chronic use. It is banned in leave on preparation, can only be used in rinse-off products in Canada and Europe. It can be used in rinse-off products like shampoo in the concentration of 0.0015 per cent. The takeaway message is to avoid this product if you are prone to allergies.
DETAILED ANALYSIS OF INGREDIENTS
|Ingredient Type:||Has both synthetic and natural ingredients.|
|Harmful Ing.:||None (Parabens, Phthalates, Formaldehyde releasers, SLS, BHT free).|
1. Purified water – as a base
2. Glycerin – It works as a good conditioner for the hair and hairs are softer
3. Cetrimonium Chloride - Mainly used to prevent static and build-up in the hair. It can also cleanse the hair and eliminate odor by preventing the growth of microorganisms, and by enabling water to mix with dirt and rinse it away
4. Polyquaternium 73 - anti-static and moisturizing property
5. Cetyl alcohol - These particular alcohols are emollients and they are known to soften your skin and hair
6. Cetearyl alcohol - These particular alcohols are emollients and they are known to soften your skin and hair
7. Shea butter – locks in moisture while keep the scalp well- nourished
8. Behentrimonium Chloride – it is a quaternary ammonium salt used as a preservative, antistatic agent, defrizzer, emulsifier and hair conditioning agent.
9. Guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride – as a conditioning agent
10. D – Panthenol (provitamin B5) - improve damaged hair
11. Amodimethicone & Trideceth -12 & cetrimonium chloride - Acts as a conditioning agent. Offers benefits such as easy formulation, fly away reduction and good dilution stability
12. Hydrolyzed silk protein - improves hair elasticity against breakage, hydrate and repair hair
13. Phenoxyethanol - preservative
14. Hydroxyethyl cellulose - It is widely used in the cosmetics and hair industry due to its thickening properties and water solubility
15. Vitamin E – may help support a healthy scalp & hair as it has natural antioxidant effects that could assist with maintaining hair growth
16. Methylchloroisothiazolinone - as a preservative
17. Biotin - increase hair elasticity & strength allowing the hair to grow thicker & healthier
18. Carrot extract – stimulates the hair growth and thickens your hair. Vitamin C and Vitamin E in carrots improve the circulation in the scalp, thus promoting hair growth and prevent premature greying of hair
19. Hydrolyzed collagen – effectively slows hair shedding leaving hair feeling thick
20. Tomato seed extract – Tomatoes contain important Vitamins like A, B, C and E which are excellent stimulants for healthy hair. These Vitamins help prevent hair loss, give natural shine and help treat scalp odour and dandruff
21. Saw palmetto extract – helps in combating hair loss, restore moisture for a last shine 22. Nettle leaf extract – helps in combating hair loss, restore moisture for a last shine
23. Avocado cold pressed oil – reducing dandruff, preventing breakage, detangling hair, protecting hair from damage
24. Oat extract - moisturizes, helps treat a dry & itchy scalp, improves hair elasticity against breakage
25. Citric acid - preservative
|Base Ing.:||Water and moisturizing base||Ingredient list:||Same as above|